Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Futuristic Homotopy, oil on canvas. Artist Nina Valetova

Many years ago, my friend artist has given me a book , and since then I know about the Mobius strip, homotopy and the artist Escher. After many years, I subconsciously made a sketch and suddenly realized that I created something like a homotopy topology.
In topology, two continuous functions from one topological space to another are called homotopic if one can be "continuously deformed" into the other, such a deformation being called a homotopy between the two functions.
 I  do not affirm that I created something that accurately represents this theory. The person in the painting is a female robot, since the creation of robots also closely correlates with science. Thus, the topic of science is the content of my picture. By the way, my son is a scientist, physicist and mathematician.

No comments:

Post a Comment